These chlorine tablets are one of the most popular products for ensuring hot tub and swimming pool water is safe and bacteria free. They are stabilised to minimise chlorine loss to sunlight. They slowly release chlorine over 2–4 days depending on the water flowing over them.
They can be used in floating dispensers, chemical feeds and skimmer baskets.
Apply regularly to achieve the recommended free chlorine level of 3-5 mg/l (ppm) for hot tubs or 1-3 mg/l (ppm) for swimming pools. These tablets are slow release and long lasting and have the minimum effect on the pH of the water for a stabilised chlorine tablet.
Its best to operate a free Chlorine Range of 3 – 5mg/l for hot tubs and 1-3mg/l for swimming pools. These stabilised chlorine tablets are ideal for regular dosing of your hot tub or swimming pool, to produce free active chlorine which kills bacteria and other potentially harmful organisms. They contain a high level of available chlorine and chlorine stabiliser.
1. Maintain pH level within the ideal range of 7.2 – 7.6. If outside this range please use our PH plus or PH minus products to adjust for the best results.
2. Maintain free chlorine residuals for hot tubs between 3-5mg/l and for swimming pools between 1 – 3mg/l (ppm). Freshly filled hot tubs require an initial shock or start up dose of chlorine: 50mg/l (ppm) for 1 hour or 20mg/l (ppm) for 2 hours.
3. For floating dispenser: Fill the floating dispenser with tablets and adjust the aperture mechanism at the bottom of the dispenser to obtain the 3-5mg/l (ppm) desired range. Alternatively keep the dispenser aperture constant and vary the tablets inside to achieve 3-5mg/l (ppm). The dispenser should be removed from the hot tub whilst bathing.
4. For chlorine feeders: Fill the dispenser and follow feeder instruction manuals on flow regulation to maintain required chlorine levels.
5. For skimmer baskets: Fill the basket with sufficient tablets and monitor levels to maintain required chlorine levels.
6. It is recommended that you periodically (e.g. fortnightly or after heavy use) shock dose your pool to eliminate any excess contamination.
Note: If using in skimmer baskets we would suggest you run the pump often to prevent a build up of chlorine. Please ensure children to not have access to the skimmer as this could be dangerous.
Dose Rates (subject to water flow rate and temperature)
Medium hot tub 1,000 litre (220 Gallons) of water requires approx 1 tablet to increase the chlorine level by 1mg/l (ppm) or 3 tablets to increase chlorine level by 3mg/l(ppm)
Large hot tub 1,500 litre (330 Gallons) of water requires approx 2 tablets to increase the chlorine level by 1mg/l (ppm) or 6 tablets to increase chlorine level by 3mg/l(ppm)
Swimming pools add 1 tablet per 4,500 litres (1000 Gallons) of water and monitor levels.