These chlorine tablets are one of the most popular products for ensuring swimming pool water is safe and bacteria free. They are stabilised to minimise chlorine loss to sunlight. They slowly release chlorine over 3–5 days depending on the water flowing over them.
They can be used in floating dispensers, chemical feeds and skimmer baskets.
Apply regularly to achieve the recommended free chlorine level of 3-5 mg/l (ppm) for hot tubs or 1-3 mg/l (ppm) for swimming pools. These tablets are slow release and long lasting and have the minimum effect on the pH of the water for a stabilised chlorine tablet.
Its best to operate a free Chlorine Range of 3 – 5mg/l for hot tubs and 1-3mg/l for swimming pools. These stabilised chlorine tablets are ideal for regular dosing of your swimming pool, to produce free active chlorine which kills bacteria and other potentially harmful organisms. They contain a high level of available chlorine and chlorine stabiliser.
1. Maintain pH level within the ideal range of 7.2 – 7.6. If outside this range please use our PH plus or PH minus products to adjust for the best results.
2. Maintain free chlorine residuals for swimming pools between 1 – 3mg/l (ppm). Freshly filled pools require an initial shock or start up dose of chlorine: 50mg/l (ppm) for 1 hour or 20mg/l (ppm) for 2 hours.
3. For floating dispenser: Fill the floating dispenser with tablets and adjust the aperture mechanism at the bottom of the dispenser to obtain the 1-3mg/l (ppm) desired range. Alternatively keep the dispenser aperture constant and vary the tablets inside to achieve 1-3mg/l (ppm). The dispenser should be removed from the pool whilst swimmers are bathing.
4. For chlorine feeders: Fill the dispenser and follow feeder instruction manuals on flow regulation to maintain 1-3 mg/l (ppm) chlorine levels.
5. For skimmer baskets: Fill the basket with 2/3 tablets and monitor levels to maintain 1-3 mg/l (ppm) chlorine levels.
6. It is recommended that you periodically (e.g. fortnightly or after heavy use) shock dose your pool to eliminate any excess contamination.
Note: If using in skimmer baskets we would suggest you run the pump often to prevent a build up of chlorine. Please ensure children to not have access to the skimmer as this could be dangerous.
Dose Rates (subject to water flow rate and temperature)
Small pool 40,000 litres of water requires approx 1 tablet to increase the chlorine level by 1mg/l (ppm) or approx 3 tablets to increase chlorine level by 3mg/l(ppm)
Large pool 80,000 litres of water requires approx 2 tablets to increase the chlorine level by 1mg/l (ppm) or approx 6 tablets to increase chlorine level by 3mg/l(ppm)
Stock note: In an effort to provide the quickest possible delivery for our customers we may ship an alternative premium branded product if stocks are low. These brands will only be Blue Horizons, Deep Blue Pro or Swim Fresh, all established for a long time in the water treatment industry.