These chlorine granules are one of the most popular products for ensuring pool and spa water is safe and bacteria free.
Apply regularly to achieve the recommended free chlorine level of 3-5 mg/l (ppm) for hot tubs or 1-3 mg/l (ppm) for swimming pools. These granules are rapid dissolving, long lasting and have little effect on the pH of the water. They are suitable for shock dosing small above ground pools. You can find dosing amounts below.
Granular chlorine has little effect on the pH level of the water. These stabilised chlorine granules are ideal for regular dosing of your swimming pool or spa, to produce free active chlorine which kills bacteria and other potentially harmful organisms.
1. Maintain pH level within the ideal range of 7.2 – 7.6. If outside this range please use our PH plus or PH minus products to adjust for the best results.
2. Maintain free chlorine residuals for spas within the range 3 – 5mg/l (ppm). For swimming pools it should be 1 – 3mg/l (ppm). Freshly filled spas require an initial shock or start up dose of chlorine: 50mg/l (ppm) for 1 hour or 20mg/l (ppm) for 2 hours.
3. This product may be applied directly to pools or spas where temperatures exceed 20 degrees C. If below this temperature or in doubt it is recommended to pre-dissolve in a clean plastic container at a maximum rate of 10g of product per 0.2 gallons (1ltr) in water. Stir well to ensure product is fully dissolved. Add the resulting solution to the spa or pool whilst the pumps are turned ‘on’.
4. Repeat dose application if necessary to achieve the required levels.
5. It is recommended that you periodically (e.g. weekly or after heavy spa use) shock dose your spa to eliminate any excess contamination.
Medium hot tub 1,000 litre (220 Gallons) of water requires 2g to increase the chlorine level by 1mg/l (ppm) or 6g to increase chlorine level by 3mg/l(ppm)
Large hot tub 1,500 litre (330 Gallons) of water requires 3g to increase the chlorine level by 1mg/l (ppm) or 9g to increase chlorine level by 3mg/l(ppm)
Small pool 40,000 litres of water requires 80g to increase the chlorine level by 1mg/l (ppm) or 240g to increase chlorine level by 3mg/l(ppm)
Medium pool 60,000 litres of water requires 120g to increase the chlorine level by 1mg/l (ppm) or 360g to increase chlorine level by 3mg/l(ppm)
Large pool 80,000 litres of water requires 160g to increase the chlorine level by 1mg/l (ppm) or 480g to increase chlorine level by 3mg/l(ppm)
Stock note: In an effort to provide the quickest possible delivery for our customers we may ship an alternative premium branded product if stocks are low.? These brands will only be Blue Horizons, Deep Blue Pro, Relax or Swim Fresh, all established for a long time in the water treatment industry.